- A possible second tournament this year. Discussions with club members, interested players, and at least one other director in the area indicate there is good support for the idea - so it's at least open for discussion.
- Possibly a second club starting in Huntington, WV. The Charleston club is more than willing to facilitate this until it gets off the ground, and by "get off the ground", I mean someone in Huntington taking the director's test. (Incidentally, this is directly related to the first item - the second tournament, if it happens, will likely be in Huntington as well.)
- CharCon. The CharCon organizers were impressed with the turnout we had at our tourney and feel we'd be a valuable addition to the overall gaming community in Charleston. We need to take part in this in some capacity - if anything, to represent. I'm leaning toward a "play the experts for a dollar" booth where people throw a dollar in a jar and try to beat one of us - in the meantime, we can pitch the club and otherwise try to woo them. Other ideas are highly encouraged - that was the first thing that came to my mind. The CharCon folks want to have something firmed up by the first of June.
- Discussions about upcoming area tournaments, which include Pittsburgh, Raleigh-Durham, and Lexington. RDU and Lexington aren't on the NSA calendar or cross-tables yet, but I have no reason to think they won't be listed by July or August. I've got an email out to David Klionsky to see what his thoughts are on dates, even tentative ones. Ken's is probably going to be the first weekend of November, based on past experience.
- A few feedback items from our tourney, 22 unread CGP posts, and the usual bevy of spam (52 today, 1398 total).
Monday, April 14, 2008
Posted by Brad Mills
Here's a quick summary of things in the director's mailbox over the last few days.
# Posted at 9:50 PM